Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I Finally Did It!

Well, I finally did it. I cancelled my subscription to the Wellsville Daily Reporter. It’s been a long time coming and I have given them every benefit of the doubt over the last two years, but enough is enough. The hate filled editorial cartoons and the unrelenting anti-American (yes I said “anti-American”) propaganda (read pro-Spitzer, pro- Schumer, pro-Hillary, Bush bashing) “content” presented without even the pretense of balance finally got to me.

Here is the email I sent them together with John Anderson’s response.


Dear John and Duke,

Please cancel my subscription to your paper effective immediately. Over the last couple of years I have given you the benefit of the doubt and hoped that you would clean up your act. Over that period of time I have never seen such hate filled ed cartoons and the one about our outgoing governor was the last straw. John lied to me twice about trying to balance the page some and that coupled with the overall pour editorial quality of the paper has led to my decision.

It has been truly sad to watch the downward slide of a once good local paper.

Again, cancel my subscription effective immediately, do not continue it until the current subscription runs out, I will expect a refund of the balance of my account in the near future and will also expect no further cc charges for further fees.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

K Richard Helms
(address and phone number included in the original)


John’s response:


Oak got your e-mail. Thank you for sending it to both of us. As you know, my
hands are tied in terms or cartoons because of the service we purchase.
-
John

By way of additional comment: I have my doubts about the truthfulness of John's response here since he refused to print either of my last two letters raising my concerns, while promising both times (with no results) to address the issue.

Enough said, If you’re fed up too let me know and if you have cancelled or plan to cancel your subscription also be sure to send me a copy of your email/letter and I will post it here.

Thanks for listening to my rant, let me know what you think.
Dick

No comments: